Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Timing

Well it has been said that timing is everything... What do you think? I think it is so true and often a bit alarming or shocking if we take the time to put all the pieces together and look at the grand scheme of life.
I am focused these days on the following verse:


"But these things I plan won't happen right away.


Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.


If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. 
It will not be late by a single day." 
Habakkuk 2:3 


It is here that I can find a peace and a clam and mostly a reprieve from my belief that I have any control over this life and all the many hoops and delays in this adoption process. When I really focus on the verse above I can smile in knowing that each day we wait to get to Ethiopia, each day we wait to hold our daughter is a day that has been designed to be exactly the way it is supposed to be. I have learned more lessons through the wait than I could have imagined possible.

There is an ache to know who our daughter is. We have had so little information and basically no updates via pictures or comments from our orphanage. This is normal but it makes a Mother feel very abnormal at times.
You see I am a photo junkie. I love information and as my sisters can all attest to, I am a details fanatic. I always want to know more!!!!
Now that's not all bad right?
Let me tell you
 it is certainly tough when it comes to international adoption.

Have courage people

and be faithful in this journey. I am not telling any of you something you do not already know or suspect especially if you are on an adoption path yourself.

All I am saying here is that the itch, the ache, the deep down desire to know who she is and what she looks like and how she moves her head and how she breathes when she is peacefully sleeping is tough.
But then...
 two little angels were sent to look upon my daughter and to comfort and speak to her.
These angels are other adoptive mommas who have the same heart for the orphan. They are friends who have just returned from their journey to Ethiopia and Hannah's Hope to bring their babes home. You see these two angels did more for my heart this week then they can even imagine.
They were selfless with their own time in seeking out the babies of many of us waiting to travel soon. These two angels took video footage and also a few still shots of several babies to help bring a few of us back here at home a bit of comfort. 
The timing could not have been more perfect and again I have to say that God shows his 
comfort when you actively seek it.
My video and photos made my heart sing. I saw her sweet lips and her closed eyes in her crib.
I saw her being bundled and loved. She is 
being well cared for and looked nourished and comfortable.
It was a feeling like no other at this point in the adoption process.
I just hope I can do the same for the next AGCI families who are waiting to learn just a little bit
more about their little one(s) they have been lead to adopt. Give me that mission so that I might help others to feel that same joy and relief that my two adoptive momma friends brought home to me this weekend.
Seeing her was soul food and brought me closer to the reality that we are going to have a daughter and soon our sons a sister.
It won't be all on our timing so until then...
 well
we
wait!

5 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

Oh I want to cry - it sounds so hard. Its so hard right now. I hope all the future families will love on my babies like your two angels did for your baby! =)

Jenny said...

i know this part of the wait HAS to be the HARDEST... i'm so glad she was able to get some video for you! i cannot wait for you to pick up your sweetie!

Amy said...

Yes, it was so amazing for our souls to capture that glimpse of our little one's!

We may need to do a photo swap for each other. Maybe you can snag a picture or two of Malachi when you travel in late July and whenever we travel in August we can snag some for you.

Becca Harley said...

oh - I love our AGCI family!!! and I would love to have a little one that you could take a pic of on one of your trips:) PRaying with you guys through the wait

Bob and Cheri said...

She is perfect. I am so happy for your family!

Into Our Arms Forever!

Remember to scroll down to mute the music.

welcome home ava! from melanie Strobel on Vimeo.

Meeting Ava during our first trip to Ethiopia

Don't foget to turn off the music below before watching video.

Meeting Ava Ethiopia Trip July 2010 from melanie Strobel on Vimeo.

Korah- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

During our recent visit to Ethiopia I felt very called to the village of Korah in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. There have been numerous rumblings lately about the tremendous need to help the children of Korah who are growing up in and around the local trash dump. The village was established 75 years ago as a place to send people with leprosy who were said to be cursed. Now there is a 3rd generation of people living in Korah with nearly 100,000 suffering from such things as leprosy, HIV, misc disease and of course malnutrition. There are many children of Korah who have been forced to live and work at the trash dump in hopes of finding food and possible items to sell in Korah's center of town. With the start of the Great Hope Church in Korah and the building of a shelter, along with the ministry of local Sammy Liben and Sumer Yates, there is now a feeding program and a sponsorship program in place to rescue the forgotten children of Korah and send them to boarding school where they can escape the horror of the conditions of living and working in a large trash dump. For more information please visit: www.help4korah.blogspot.com or www.p61.org where you can learn more about how you or your organization can help the people and the children of Korah. Please send me a message or email Erin Allen at erin@p61.org to request sponsorship information. I will soon be posting the photos of my day recently spent in Korah. I must tell you it was life changing and beyond anything I have ever done to stretch, change and rearrange myself. God helped me to help the people who I met. Much of what I could offer was nothing more than the snap of my camera or a warm touch or an inviting smile. The needs in Korah are beyond our wildest imagination yet God is over Korah and there is already amazing work being done. I invite you to view the following videos to learn more about the beauty and the needs of Korah's people.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO SPONSOR A CHILD

P61 grab button

Love this...

You will need to turn off the music below in order to enjoy this video. Go down to playlist and turn it off.

Hannah's Hope Orphanage- Ethiopia

Remember to turn off music below before watching.